The CAS Capability Model is a visual framework that articulates and provides guidance on the traits, skills and knowledge important for most property/casualty actuaries.
The CAS Capability Model has three intended uses:
- Support actuaries in their career and professional development. It can be used to identify current levels of experience and desired future levels.
- Facilitate actuaries in identifying the CAS continuing education content that can help them develop areas of expertise.
- Promote the full range of the actuarial skill set and the essential contributions of actuaries to the insurance industry to current and potential employers, academics, students, and other stakeholders.
Explore the Capability Model - https://www.casact.org/professional-education/cas-capability-model
How will the CAS Capability Model aid my “Journey to the Top”?
The CAS Capability Model is a visual framework that articulates and provides guidance on the traits, skills and knowledge important for most property/casualty actuaries, and it relates to an actuary’s "Journey to the Top" in many ways:
- Goal Setting: Your Journey to the Top implies reaching a high level of success or achievement. By identifying the important capabilities needed by actuaries, you can set clear goals and plan your professional development journey.
- Skill Development: Any Journey to the Top involves continuous learning and skill development. The Capability Model enables you to identify areas of opportunity to learn and grow.
- Resource Allocation: Resources such as time, effort, and investments need to be allocated strategically to ensure a successful Journey to the Top. The Capability Model assists in prioritizing which capabilities need immediate attention and which ones can be developed over time.
- Competitive Edge: Reaching the top means standing out from the crowd. The Capability Model enables you to identify and build strengths and differentiators that can give you a competitive edge.
- Continuous Improvement: The Capability Model emphasizes that the Journey to the Top is an ongoing process. It promotes a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging you to consistently assess and enhance your capabilities to go beyond where you are today.
In summary, actuaries can use the CAS Capability Model to self-assess their traits, skills and knowledge important for most property/casualty actuaries, identify areas of opportunity to learn and grow, and then plan their professional development journey to the top!
What Do the Yellow Codes in the Annual Meeting Schedule of Events Represent?
The codes next to the session titles represents a Capability Model attribute that can be enhanced by attending the session. Review the codes against the legend to select your sessions and plan your Journey to the Top!